Karen has been a Physical Therapist since 1970. Graduating in 1969 from Springfield College, Springfield, MA with a BS in Physical Education, she continued to the University of Pennsylvania to complete a post graduate degree in Physical Therapy in 1970. Returning to Springfield College, she earned an M.Ed. in Guidance and Psychological Services in 1974.
Karen has worked in a variety of Physical Therapy settings, and has specialized in
- outpatient orthopedics since 1974.
- completed the requirements for the APTA Specialist Certification in Obstetrics – post partum and prenatal
- has specialized training in treating pelvic girdle pain,
- rehabilitation of the shoulder and soft tissue following breast surgery (not lymphydema).
Karen has a special interest in treating:
- musculoskeletal problems following childbirth,
- pelvic pain,
- breast cancer survivors.
Using an eclectic and holistic approach to treatment, she has taken continuing education courses in Myofascial Release, Muscle Energy, Strain/Counter strain, Visceral mobilization, CranioSacral treatment, Strategic Orthopedics approach to treating back pain and headaches, the Mulligan Approach to treatment and other manual soft tissue strategies.