Some people think that aches and pains are to be expected during pregnancy or after having a baby. This may not have to be true.
If you have
- back, groin, hip, vaginal or pelvic girdle pain
- leaking of urine when coughing, sneezing, running, etc.
- postpartum dysfunctions such as pubic bone and tailbone injury
- pain getting on the floor to play with your children
- pain doing your normal daily activities
PHYSICAL THERAPY MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP YOU!
At WILDWOOD MEDICINE, we work with you to determine the cause of your pain or difficulty with movement and develop a treatment program to address your needs. We then work to empower you to take back your life by using
- A variety of soft tissue techniques including myofascial release, pelvic mobilization, cranio-sacral strategies, muscle energy, Brian Mulligan approach and strain/counterstrain as well as McKenzie, Strategic Orthopaedics and other strategies as well as
- Therapeutic exercise:
- individualized instruction in safe therapeutic exercise for rehabilitation and restoration of function
- instruction in proper body mechanics and posture
- therapeutic exercise to improve mobility, strength and function
- core stabilizer strengthening
- Pelvic floor activation instruction
Pain or other problems with your low back, sacrum or pelvis can lead to weakness throughout the body—and decrease the ability and enjoyment of doing things if these problems affect daily activities. As pregnancy progresses or after giving birth, without intervention, minor pain can become very major. If low-back or pelvic pain prevents you from lifting your children or getting down on the floor to play with them, if the hips hurt going up and down stairs while pregnant or after giving birth, there may be a musculoskeletal issue—an injury or condition that affects the body’s mechanical structure. Treatment with professionals trained in addressing musculoskeletal concerns specific to women can help get you get you back the life you want to live.
Women who have come for treatment at WILDWOOD MEDICINE have been pleased and surprised by the differences they see in their quality of life.
Don’t wait another day to make your comfort a priority. We stand ready to help you be your best. If you think Physical Therapy can help you, speak to your health care provider or call us at WILDWOOD MEDICINE.