Microneedling is a skin rejuvenation procedure that involves the use of a microneedling device or “pen” with fine needles to create tiny punctures in the skin. The treatment is used to improve the appearance of wrinkles, acne scars, and uneven skin tone. The procedure typically takes about 30 minutes to an hour to complete.
During the procedure, the “micro-injuries” in the skin will trigger the body’s natural healing process, which leads to the production of new collagen and elastin, two proteins that help to plump and firm the skin, improving the skin’s overall appearance.
Microneedling is safe and effective. with minimal downtime and few side effects. It is usually done in a series of treatments for optimal results. The recovery process after microneedling varies from person to person. Most people experience some redness and mild swelling for a day or two after the procedure. Following Dr. Sasha’s instructions will ensure proper post-treatment care, and optimal response to each session.
What are the Benefits of Microneedling?
- Improving skin texture: Microneedling can help to improve the overall texture of the skin by promoting the production of new skin cells.
- Reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles: Microneedling can help to stimulate collagen production, which can help to smooth out the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improving skin tone: Microneedling can help to even out the skin tone by reducing hyperpigmentation and promoting the production of new skin cells.
- Increased absorption of products placed on the skin by up to 2000%
- Improving the appearance of acne scars: Microneedling can help to stimulate the production of collagen, which can help to soften the appearance of acne scars.
- Reducing the appearance of pores: Microneedling can help to reduce the appearance of large pores by encouraging the production of new skin cells.